Your just a few clicks away in booking our great experience.Book Now
Overnight Local Homestay and Cycling in Countryside Village, Siem Reap Cambodia (ID:#6253)
- Enjoy unforgettable local overnight homestay with family in countryside villages
- Enriching cultural interactions with the local Khmer community and your local cycling guides who grew up with these communities.
- Get local insights into the various businesses & marketplace, believes, traditions, and their lifestyle.
- Learn how to make authentic Cambodian dinner with the homestay host and enjoy unique local dishes.
Max number of pax: 10
Cost per pax: $46.25
Cancellation Policy: 2 Days
- 1-night local homestay
- 1 local dinner and 1 local breakfast
- Friendly experienced English speaking guide
- Top quality mountain bike and helmet
- First aid kits
- Local snacks and drinking water
- Tuk tuk pick up/drop off
- Beverage (e.g. soft drinks, beers)
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
This cycling + overnight homestay experience is for visitors who wish to experience Siem Reap’s countryside beyond the full-day daytime tours and activities. Enjoy an overnight home stay with local family in their countryside village, interact with the local community as you cycle & explore the rural village, and experience Siem Reap like no others!
We meet at our office in Siem Reap at around 2.00PM (See Meeting Point for more details). After selecting your bicycle, we set off for the countryside village.
Stop 1: Local Market
Our first stop will be at a bustling local market, where you will be able to take in the sights and sounds of locals buying and selling produce. Discover local products not found anywhere else in the world!
Stop 2: Khmer Noodles
After chilling out at the local market where you have learnt about the local activities, we will take you to observe the making of Khmer noodles using a manual wheat pounder—a tool not often seen in the urban areas. Learn more about the simple yet intriguing process of noodle-making, an activity that has been the cornerstone of many Asian societies.
Stop 3: Paddy Fields
Next, we take our cycling ride to the sprawling fields of rice paddies, where your guide will introduce you to the day-to-day routines of the local farmers. Many of our guides will be able to give you an in depth insight into this agricultural activity, as they have worked the fields with their parents from a young age.
Stop 4: Handmade Baskets
As we pass along the beautiful rice fields, we will take you to a place where handmade baskets are woven by our local villagers. Get to know our weavers and learn more about this intricate craft, which is traditionally passed down from parent to child.
Stop 5: Local Dinner, Homestay
By now, it will be time to wind down. Your guides will check you in to your local homestay. Once you have settled in, your guides will then head out to market to purchase ingredients for dinner. You are more than welcome to join them as they pick out vegetables and other local delights. After we got our groceries and head back to the homestay, you get to enjoy a cooking class with the host and eat a truly local Cambodian meal! We will end the night early, around 8.00PM—9.00PM, just as the village goes to sleep.
Stop 6: Rice Wine
Morning after a good night rest, you will then get up early to taste the local Cambodian breakfast which you will be served upon the next start. We will then take you to a local rice wine distillery. Here, you will learn more about the processes involved in the making of rice wine as well as its use in holistic medication. And yes—if you’re wondering—you will also get to sample a taste!
Stop 7: Piggy Bank
At this stop, you learn the life of people make a different kinds of animals by clay as normally use for sell in attempt to save money. Visit the charming family there and if you have a chance, you will be taught to make the handmade clay which will be a deep memory of all!
Stop 8: Pagoda
Our last stop, take in the morning breeze and enjoy the peace and stillness of the pagoda, which holds religious importance to the local community. Here, your guide will tell you more about religion in Cambodia, as well as the local cultural practices connected to it.
After which, we return to our office in Siem Reap, reaching around 11.00AM to wrap up the memorable experience.
Important notes for this overnight home stay experience:
– If you have signed up for this homestay experience as a solo traveller, you will be partnered with a member of the same sex for the rooming.
– Please note that this experience needs to be booked 1 WEEK in advance, as we need time to ensure everything is ready for you for an unforgettable experience of Siem Reap countryside homestay.
– If you have with you children below the age of 16, please email email@example.com for special rates.
– Estimated cycling distance: 40 to 45 km
– Cycling environment: Flat Terrain, dirt road.
– Fitness level: 1.5 / 5
– Guide to cyclists ratio: 1 guide to 5 cyclists.
– Our cycling guides are first-aid trained and carry a first-aid kit with them during the experience. A safety vehicle also accompanies the group on this experience.
- An overnight bag with two sets of comfortable, sensible clothing and personal toiletries.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses
- Some personal expenses
- Mosquito spray / insect repellent
Cambodia | Siem Reap
Butterfly Tours, Krong Siem Reap