Your just a few clicks away in booking our great experience.Book Now
2D1N Experience South Mekong Delta & Border City Chau Doc, Vietnam (ID:#6163)
- Experience the local river community in South Mekong Delta - Experience their floating market, plentiful fruit plantation, unique local delicacies and travel the river canals.
- Explore the city that is at the border of Vietnam and Cambodia - Chau Doc city and its surrounding area: the Cave Pagoda, fish farms in the floating village, meet the Cham minority people.
- Visit one of biggest Nation Parks in the Mekong Delta - Tra Su Cajuput Forest. Be surrounded by lush green mangrove forests and beautiful flora and fauna.
- Special lunch at the Huynh Thuy Le Ancient house where French writer Marguerite Duras wrote his famous novel “L’Amant”.
Max number of pax: 10
Cost per pax: $179.00
Cancellation Policy: 7 Days
- Local English speaking tour guide; other languages are available on request
- Private transportation with A/C
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Bottled drinking water available during trip
- All entrance fees
- Private boat trip in Mekong
- 3* Hotel at Chau Doc city
- Travel Insurance
- Other personal expenses
- Drinks are not included with any meal
Explore South Mekong Delta with an overnight stay in Chau Doc, the city at the southern border between Vietnam and Cambodia. Experience the lively local riverside communities, rich local culture and the natural beauty as we cruise upriver on the canals of Mekong Delta towards the border city, and witness the abundance of nature and agriculture in this fertile region.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh CIty – Cai Be Floating Market – Cave Pagoda – Floating Fish Farm Village – Chau Doc (L/D)
At 7.00AM, we will pick you up at your hotel / place of stay within Ho Chi Minh City centre and begin our travel to Cai Be village by private mini-van. Cai Be is located about 120km from Ho Chi Minh city and may take about 2.5hrs to get there. Our morning at Cai Be starts by taking a small wooden boat and cruise on the river to visit Cai Be floating market. The floating market in Cai Be may be smaller than its more famous and largest counterpart in Cai Rang, it does not lose out in its own unique liveliness and bustle by the locals. Experience how people exchange goods, fruits and many other things on board their traditional floating craft. Visitors can easily find what they’re looking for, as the big boats hang samples of their goods from a tall wooden pole or a long bamboo stick.
We will stop at some local factories, such as the coconut candy mill and crispy rice popcorn to see how these delicious traditional snacks are being made. You can also have a taste at some of these delicious local delicacies! We then return to our boat to visit other neighbouring islet and their fruit plantation. Depending on the season, you may enjoy some of the seasonal fruits freshly harvested from the plantation. We then keep cruising to Vinh Long through small canals, enjoying the charms of the Upper Mekong Delta. We stop to have lunch served with local specialties at a restaurant at the heart of the Delta (also known as the Garden), while enjoying the Southern Vietnamese traditional folk music. Then you will have some time to bike through the local villages or just relax on the hammocks. After our lunch, continuing upriver of Mekong Delta for around 2.5 hour, and we will have the chance to see the border of Vietnam and the Kingdom of Cambodia at the exquisite Cave Pagoda (after climbing 400+ steps!). Next, we will take a short boat trip to visit the fish farms in the Chau Doc floating village and visit the Cham minority village. At the village, you will see the local Mosque and the way the Cham people would weave sarong, silk, and other hand-made products. We will have cooking class while making our own dinner in Chau Doc before checking into our 3 star hotel accommodation.
Day 2: Tra Su Cajuput Forest – Huynh Thuy Le Ancient House – Saigon (B/L)
Tra Su Cajuput Forest, with impressive ecological diversity and wild natural beauty, is a must-visit destination in Chau Doc, so that’s where we are heading after having breakfast at our accommodation! Just an hour trip by boat, you will see the lush greenery inside and many species of birds. In the forest areas, there are many water hyacinths, lotuses, and water lilies. We then drive to Long Xuyen town for some shopping before continuing our journey on the road for an hour to enjoy our lunch at Huynh Thuy Le Ancient House where French writer Marguerite Duras wrote his famous novel “L’Amant”. After lunch, we drive back to Ho Chi Minh City where we will drop you at your hotel / place of stay within the city centre and end the experience.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Price Detail: Cost / per person
2 – 3 pax : 275 USD
4 – 6 pax : 239 USD
7 – 10 pax 179 USD
- Bring an overnight bag with sufficient clothes and personal toiletries
- Please wear light-colour comfortable clothing.
- Suncreen, hat / cap.
- Personal expenses.
Vietnam | Hồ Chí Minh (Sài Gòn)
Chau Doc City